Saturday, May 22, 2010

Time to change?

Some lines trying to portray the journey of an insurgent

To the self
Split up and confused
Dismembered beyond recognition
Change Perhaps
For a new vision.

Imagination astride
A new wave of motion
Far up, high in the skies
Stars; As if
Rational choices put up
Like points on a dart board.
Inviting; Seemingly close

Eyes closed; options anew
The stars are gone; darkness renews
Spoilt for choices once & now?
Not a fatherly voice to follow
Bearings lost; confusion rising
Books I held once
Bullets lay there now
Paths once dreaded
Now I tread

The stars have returned
not on the skies; But
On the bandana of my forehead
On the barrel of my gun
Dismembered beyond recognition
from the child I was
time ripe
For another change, A new vision

1 comment:

  1. Has the feel of a lyric to a power metal band's magnum opus!

    ReplyDelete