Sunday, September 20, 2009

Night

The night is long past..and I should be sleeping or perhaps working up on the moot problem. Perhaps music would have been a better alternative.Instead I am lying in my bed, looking through the window and trying to feel the cold of the wind while clutching harder at my blanket at the same time.
It seems just the night, when my mind feels free enough to wander, look at the dark clouds, thoughts fleeting in all different directions..no leash, no control and no theme...
What is so special then, about this night? Maybe the chill or just the sound of the splatter of rain or the idea that I lie safe here while everything is too cold and wet outside.
Safe from the weather and from my probing mind, which for once is off across the world..
Its a special night.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to be in in a wet freezing night? It is like being just in the place where you want to be. I would not trade anything for that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is.
    But yesterday night was somehow being like at a vantage point..enjoying all the aspects of chill and cold without really getting immersed in it...

    the idea of a wet freezing night is always welcome though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man
    Just found your blog on Facebook, nice stuff man. As for this particular post, try looking for the text of this poem called 'Windy Night' by Jibananda Das. Anyhow, keep up the good work and do let your mind wander :D
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sir Loon
    Much appreciated..and the poem was good..felt related..

    ReplyDelete