Monday, January 5, 2009

Change??

" What If you could go back and change something in your life? Would you do it?" I asked Sahil, my roommate at 1 30 in the morning. As usual my plan to sleep early had failed and all I could do was get these different thoughts in my head to pass my precious time. Well, different opinions always help and hence the question to Sahil.

"Not really, but yeah maybe a thing or two, something here and there, " was what he replied. I must say I was not surprised with his response but dismayed at his thought not being of much help to me. I was perhaps hoping he would say that he wanted to change a lot of things and then I could engage him in further conversation on this topic. But his reply left me no such option and I let him study in peace.

Perhaps, my response would be, " Yes, I would like to change a lot of things." And why not? Would it not be great if I could change those small things which made such a difference later on, if I could rectify those mistakes and turn out to be a better me in a better place with better things and thoughts.

Well, it seems great to fantasize about this, but again I wonder if this feeling is a quest for perfectness that cannot be obtained? Is this feeling of change not subject to mood swings and situations? The things that I would like to change based on today could well be the reason to smile tomorrow. Or the things that I change could lead to other unexpected things, things that I might not really be comfortable with.

I really dont know and still dont have the answer. But I feel that situations no matter how hard or tough, have in them scope for hope and the circumstances that could be used to change these situations and turn them around.

So, would I still want to change things of the past? Perhaps yes, but I must say I am more than content with what I have at the present and believe I have hope too of being able to cope and produce things that are better.

Hoping for a wonderful year ahead!!!


2 comments:

  1. we should live our lives as it goes..the more you change...the more you will be wanting to change....caught up in an endless circle....at last you might find that you have changed yourself...

    would that be good?

    we all should love our imperfectness.these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Bikash, Pratik.
    You should have him as your roommate again and he would comfort you.
    This is human desire. We are never satisfied, always wish things had happened this way or that way. Wish you had done this or not done that and so on.
    Advertisements exploit this human weakness and make you feel as if you are not right, you need to be fairer, you don't smell good so need to get 'Zatak', don't have stylish hair so should get 'set wet' and so on, the list of course goes on and on.
    If I could change something, I don't know what it would be. I would really need a lot of time to assess and decide.

    ReplyDelete