Thursday, January 22, 2009

Travelling On...

Travelling alone and enjoying along the way...that has been one of my dreams from early on and right now my holidays asre promising to be just the same...
Travelling alone from Bangalore to Calcutta on a train was much easier than I had thought. Fortunately, my bogie was full of young students returning home for the holidas and I did not get the time to be bored. And when they turned quiet, i still had the time to finish the 3rd book in the aragon series " Brisingr".
Coming into Calcutta on the 20th in Howrah station I looked at the Howrah Bridge which I had seen and admired many times before in movies but never had the chance to be this close.It felt grand and awe inspiring and just like the perfect entry point into Calcutta.
Now into the 3rd day of my Calcutta stay and to be frank I have not seen as much as I would have wanted to, partly due to making arrangements to go to Dhaka and partly out of lethargy. Also just cant seem to find any of my Calcutta classmates from law school. However still got the time to look at NUJS and meet people from law school who had come there for the debate. A lot similiar like our own law school with even a corp bank right next to them, the grounds were a lot smaller and the buildings much higher...Not bad really..
Anyway, my journey is yet far from over. Waiting to get to Dhaka next...
Lets see what happens then

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the joy of traveling. This reminds me of Robert M. Pirsig's dialogue from 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' where he says the real joy lies in traveling, once you reach your destination, the adventure is over.

    ReplyDelete