Thursday, April 2, 2009

Which way?

Somehow, these days I have been thinking about this idea of reigning in one;s emotions as one matures, (grows older) and being able to face the world with a different outlook than that of your teens.

I really dont know what got me into this but perhaps it has got to do with me leaving my teen years behind. Maybe yes, maybe no, i really do not know. But thats not the point right now.

I remember my childhood where tantrums were the order of the day and all mistakes were pinned to my elder brother who always got the wrong end, just due to him being older to me. Though these tantrums were lost later on, I believe I still carried that idea that emotions were there for a reason and there was nothing wrong in showing these emotions, in talking to people and in trying to gain different perspectives on a problem, in trying to get help.

Now, I am not so sure. somehow suddenly things are looking different. Is it really okay to open up your innermost feelings to other people? To subject them to probe and interpretations? Or is it better to think, reflect and then set upon a course individually; learning from mistakes along the way and perhaps recognising one's own potentials and pitfalls?

Somehow I am beginning to think that the second course is better and perhaps helps one feel much stronger and confident. but then keeping all those feelings pent up, with only one's mind for relection and criticism does feel kind of scary.

Certainly making me think right now....

2 comments:

  1. For me it depends on the type of the issue that you are discussing. Don't share the feeling with your friends which they can manipulate based on their prior conviction. Its always good to share the things with people who have had pretty similar experience like you. They understand it better I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bikash for the comment..

    But I think there usually comes a time where one has to finally take a stand for oneself and one's abilities. And that period is probably one of introspection. Though people will proably understand better and it helps to talk to friends one should try taking risks with oneself, haina ra?

    ReplyDelete