Monday, December 8, 2008

Emptiness

Straight against, I stare

Nothing but a melancholy face

Perhaps a single strand of wistful thinking

Lost deep in the labyrinth of fear.


I run away, attempting an escape

Caught, am I?

I attempt a plea

Deep down within I hear something

Is it worth escaping at all?

Where nowhere can I see a light

Darkness surrounds, a chill spreads.


I look around

Hoping against hope

To see, to face, to finally confront

The demons of my dreams


See nothing

Just an emptiness

A void so big, on either sides

Rooted, nothing left

To contemplate

The single strand still there perhaps

Somewhere in the labyrinth

Not of fear but

An emptiness


Thoughts swirling finally recede

No pain, perhaps a sigh

The droplets flow trickling down

I feel a calm, right there

In that emptiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment