Saturday, December 27, 2008

The year gone by

Looking back at the year gone by and reminiscing about things that should have happened, options that should have been taken and decisions that just could not materialise, hopes shattered but another way forward....
2008 was a great year for me...
Still, I do not want to look back at it as some nostalgic year and remember the good times and the bad moments and as they say...take the goods from it. For me this was the year, when important decisions were made, where dreams came, shattered as glass houses, were remade and somehow life went on....
Do I remember the first of January, 2008. I believe I do but am really surprised that there are nothing but vague memories..too faded and funnily cant recollect a single resoultion that I must have made. What I do remember from this year is the wait for acceptances that never came, the mails exchanged with the college representives, the waitlists and the nothingness. The emptyness that stared ahead.Then the ray of hope and finally the biggest decision of my life, my choice for my educational future.
What I remember is missing friends who would have been together with me, had I chosen the other alternative. The friends that I miss but I believe no matter how hard, i had to take the decision.
The year has literally been a year of halves for me, with both halves really different from the other. While the first half was full of dreams of an undergraduate education in the US, the second half has a more cautious and prodding approach to life at law school in Bangalore, india.
The first half was full of numerous applications, which never seemd to end but finally did. And then the wait which again finally ended with an acceptance in the US and an acceptance to law school here at Bangalore.
Perhaps, the first half was where I chose where to be and what to do, I gave myself an impetus which I believe was in the right direction. And the second half has been the living of that direction.
The second half has been full of different highlights. July 1 and life at Law School. The gruelling first trimester, spent feeling lonely....the vacations which cheered me up and the current second trimester feeling much better. The Pondi trip, my first experience with the sea...SF..well the second trimester is working its way to an end too...
So 2008 has not been unkind....
Great in fact....
Here is to the New Year...
May things go as they have to
May acts run their course
There is a circle my friend
It will lead back to you.....

1 comment:

  1. I totally sympathasize with you.
    What I can tell you is, you definitely deserved a place here amid a couple of stupid internationals that somehow managed to get accepted, I don't know how. Luck? Fate? Destiny? Or a combination of all.

    ReplyDelete